How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Tips on Building up Personal Relationships and Making People like you
Ø Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
· What you don’t like others also don’t like. Your criticism won't be welcome.
· Criticism makes others defensive and resentful.
· Positive Reinforcement works better.
Ø Become genuinely interested in other people.
· People are most interested in themselves.
· Remember people's birthdays and their other important details.
Ø Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
· Find the interests of others and talk about those things.
· If you know nothing of their interests, ask intelligent questions.
Ø Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk.
· Give your exclusive attention to others.
· Urge others to talk about themselves. Ask pointed questions.
Ø Make the other person feel important.
· People yearn to feel important and appreciated.
· Praise others' strengths and they'll strive to reinforce your opinion.
· Greet others with smiles and enthusiasm.
· Smiling comes through even over the phone.
Ø Remember People by their name.
· A person’s name to him is the most sweetest sound in any Language.
· Call people by their name and Acknowledge them